Charlotte Street Partners is looking to recruit a talented and ambitious individual to join our Edinburgh team as an associate.
If you are an excellent writer, interested in the media and current affairs and instinctively curious, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for somebody who enjoys being part of a busy, dynamic team, and who takes pride in doing a great job for clients.
Charlotte Street Partners is a strategic communications agency based in Edinburgh. We work across corporate communications and PR, crisis communications, financial communications and public affairs. Our clients are some of Scotland and the UK’s most exciting companies, across energy, financial services, food and drink, retail, space, travel and tourism, technology, and the third sector. www.charlottestreetpartners.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our associates are at the frontline of our business, supporting our team and clients by providing research monitoring and intelligence on a daily basis and ensuring that we always live up to our promises to deliver excellent service to customers. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of the communications landscape and get to grips quickly with new and emerging issues and trends on behalf of clients and the agency. They are great team players who get the work done in a fast-paced agency, and get the best from others and the resources available.
The associate role involves:
- Supporting the successful delivery of communications programmes for a range of clients and the agency itself
- Supporting the smooth running of client accounts and keeping the rest of the team informed of key client issues
- Liaising closely and regularly with clients, media, partners and others
- Researching and planning for news stories, campaigns, events and new business opportunities
- Social media planning, content creation, monitoring and scheduling
- Monitoring and compiling client coverage reports
- Monitoring all media for opportunities on a daily basis
- Compiling and maintaining databases
- Supporting with organising events
- Building relationships with journalists and other key media stakeholders
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are looking for someone who is:
- Interested in business, current affairs and the news
- A positive and enthusiastic problem-solver, happy to work as part of a small team
- A creative thinker that approaches projects from a different place
- An excellent communicator
- Detailed focused but with an eye for the big picture
- Able to work flexibly and often to tight deadlines, juggling multiple priorities
- Committed to excellent client service
You will have:
- Experience of working in PR or communications. This can be through internships, a placement year, work experience, or a full-time position either in-house or in an agency.
- A strong work ethic and an understanding of the 24-hour nature of the environment in which we and our clients operate.
This is a full time permanent position. The salary is £20,000 – 23,000 p.a. Salary is dependent on experience. If you are more experienced than the above and are a great fit, we will consider all applications.
We are currently asking staff to work from home but expect to return to office-based working when the guidance from the Scottish government allows us to do so.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter to Laura Hamilton, managing partner, Laura.Hamilton@charlottestreetpartners.com.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday, 22 November.
Initial phone interviews will take place shortly after the deadline and shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend a formal interview in person at our Edinburgh office.
Covid-19 notice: We consistently monitor government advice on COVID-19 precautions and adhere to all guidelines.